Friday, September 25, 2009

My 3-Month Old Baby Boy

Tucker, you were 3 months old yesterday. I can't believe that 3 months have passed us by already. It seems like just the other day we were bringing you home from the hospital. Here's what you've been up to lately:
  • Not sure how much you weigh or how long you are this month???
  • You sleep through the night (10-12 hours)
  • You sleep swaddled in your blanket on your back--you're even getting a bald spot. This is something that I had to experiment with just to see what you liked better. I tried a sleep sack on your stomach, a sleep sack on your back, just on your stomach (like Lilly & Thatch), but you would still wake up a lot during the night, so I went back to swaddling you and you love it!
  • You love to go to sleep with your pacifier. I will sometimes have to give it to you early in the morning but then you'll sleep again until I wake you to eat.
  • You drink 5 oz bottles every 4 hours, except I squeeze a 5th bottle in before bedtime that is 6 oz of formula
  • You take 1ml of Zantac twice a day but still spit up quite a bit, but isn't cranky about it
  • You wear 3-6 month clothes
  • Your wear size 2 diapers but even blow them out once in a while
  • You're pretty predictable now, if your fed, not in dirty pants, & not sleepy, you are so content to just play and take it all in
  • You can sit up pretty good against the couch or in your bumbo
  • You love to stand on your chubby little legs
  • You love your play mat
  • You love your bouncy seat
  • You love to give smiles and laughs to the people you love
This is what your schedule for the day looks like:

8am- 5 oz bottle
10am- 11:30am- nap
11:30am- Zantac & 5 oz bottle (we wait a good 15 min after we give you your meds so that it can get into your system a little better)
1:30-4pm- nap
4pmish- 5 oz bottle
6pm-7pm-nap
7:30pm-5 oz bottle (I try to do this one a little earlier b/c I want you to eat again before bed)
9:30-10pmish- 6 oz bottle

I am still pretty flexible with your schedule, I know that it doesn't exactly follow a 4-hour schedule but it works for you and for our family.

No comments:

Post a Comment